Banana Berry Spelt Bread
- 1.5 cups spelt flour plus extra for dusting blueberries
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (light)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas ( approximately 2 large bananas)
- 3/4 cup Aussie Frozen Fruit Blueberries, dusted with spelt flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to fan forced 170°C (or 180 with no fan). Grease and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin, with baking paper hanging over the edges so you can lift it out easily.
- Mix the spelt flour and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Whisk the olive oil and honey together in a separate bowl. Add the eggs and mix well. Mash the bananas into the mixture, then add in the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients through the dry ingredients until just combined then gently fold in blueberries, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted to the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before lifting out and cooling on a wire rack for a further 15 minutes before slicing.
- It helps to heat the honey gently before mixing with the olive oil to ensure well combined
- For a non-dairy alternative use almond or rice milk
|Recipe Analysis (per serve 112g)|
|Fat – total (g)||11.6|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2|
|Carbohydrate – total (g)||35.1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||2.6|