Blueberry Quinoa Porridge
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Aussie Frozen Fruit Blueberries
- toasted flaked almonds for topping
- Place quinoa, water, milk, chia seeds, vanilla bean and cinnamon stick in a small pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until all liquid absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in maple syrup and blueberries and simmer for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm with toasted nuts and extra milk if desired.
Note: extra milk for serving not accounted for in recipe analysis.
- If you don’t have vanilla bean, use 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Any type of milk can be used
|Recipe Analysis (per serve 450g)|
|Fat – total (g)||19.2|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.8|
|Carbohydrate – total (g)||80|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||10.5|