Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- 2 cups Aussie Frozen Fruit Strawberries
- 1 cup soft medjool dates with pip removed, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to fan forced 150°C (or 160°C with no fan). Grease a 30 x 20cm lamington baking tray.
- Defrost 1½ cups Aussie FrozenStrawberries in the microwave for about one minute until slightly softened. Chop up the remaining ½ cup into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Place the chopped dates and sunflower seeds into a food processor and blitz until a rough pureé has formed. Add the defrosted frozen strawberries (including any juice) and process until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and process again.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the strawberry mixture into the bowl and mix until well combined. Add the chopped frozen strawberries and gently mix through.
- Pour mixture into the tin and smooth out the top with the back of a soon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Leave in tin to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Pitted dried dates can be used instead of medjool. Soak in hot water for 10 minutes before using.
- These brownies are sweetened naturally from the dates. If you would like extra sweetness, add 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey when processing the dates and sunflower seeds.
- Keep brownies in the refrigerator for up to three days.