Raw Blueberry & Coconut Slice
These gluten and dairy-free berry and coconut cream sweet treats are entirely raw and completely delicious.
- 280 g Unsalted cashew nuts
- Oil for greasing tin
- 140 g unsalted almonds
- 140 g pitted Medjool dates
- 100 g coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 140 g Aussie Frozen Fruit Blueberries plus a handful for decorating
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- Soak the cashew nuts in boiling water for 10 mins, or overnight in cold water if you have time. Lightly oil a 20 x 20cm square cake tin.
- To make the base, whizz the almonds and dates in a food processor until very finely chopped. Tip into your prepared tin and press the mixture down, smoothing with the back of a spoon until evenly spread across the base. Put the tin in the freezer to firm up while you make the ‘cheesecake’ layer.
- Drain the cashew nuts and put half in the food processor. Add the ingredients for the ‘cheesecake’ layer and blitz until smooth and creamy. Remove the tin from the freezer and spread the creamy mixture on top of the base. Return to the freezer for 30-40 mins until firm.
- To make the topping, blend the 140g blueberries and the dates together with the remaining cashews in the food processor. Take the tin out of the freezer and spoon over the topping, then scatter over a handful of blueberries. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hr to firm up. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 mins before serving, then slice into 10-12 bars and enjoy.
Recipe from Good Food Magazine June 2015