Strawberry and Rhubarb Cobbler
- 400 g Aussie Frozen Fruit Strawberries
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 60 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC fan-forced (200with no fan).
- Remove Aussie Frozen Fruit Strawberries from freezer and leave to defrost slightly.
- Cut rhubarb into1cm pieces and mix with the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Place into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside.
- For the cobbler, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and using your fingers, mix in until coarse crumbs are formed. Add the milk and cream and mix until just combined. The dough should be thick and sticky.
- Cut softened strawberries into small pieces and place on top of the rhubarb. Using a large spoon, place clumps of the dough topping on top. The fruit should not be totally covered as the topping will spread.
- Bake for about 25minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve the cobbler with vanilla ice cream, crème fraiche or a dollop of Greek yoghurt
- Replace the rhubarb with fresh peaches or plums in summer. No need to pre-cook the peach or plum fruit.