Strawberry and white chocolate no bake cheesecake
- 200 g digestive or Marie biscuits
- 60 g butter melted
- 200 g Aussie Frozen Fruit Strawberries, slightly defrosted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 200 g white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cream
- 300 g full fat ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Spoon biscuit mixture evenly among six glass jars or short dinner glasses and press mixture down with the back of a spoon. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and gently simmer on the stove over a low to medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Add strawberries and stir for another 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat ricotta cheese with eggs and sugar until well combined. Mix in the cooled chocolate mixture and lemon rind.
- Remove the glass jars from the refrigerator and spoon the mixture evenly over the biscuit base. Place back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set. Remove and spoon the strawberry mixture on top before serving.
- Turn this simple dessert into an indulgent treat by adding two Tbsp of grand mariner to the cooked strawberry mixture.
- For mini cheesecakes, use 12 small glass jars and divide base and mixture evenly.